Despite a general understanding that smoking is bad for your health, it can be extremely difficult for smokers to quit. Many smokers try a variety of tactics, including patches, gum, medications and even going cold turkey. Unfortunately, many of these methods fail for a number of reasons. Instead, Chinese acupuncture has been found to help individuals quit smoking with fewer side effects and a higher success rate.
1. Acupuncture to Stop Smoking Is Effective. Studies have revealed using acupuncture to quit smoking has become a highly effective method. One study evaluated 823 smokers who were trying to stop and found acupuncture and hypnotherapy both effective tools in the success rate.
2. Acupuncture Reduces Cravings. One of the biggest issues smokers have with quitting is eliminating the cravings. Nicotine can be a powerfully addictive substance, which is often the reason individuals can’t quit entirely. The good news is using acupuncture to stop smoking can reduce the cravings you experience; however, it doesn’t eliminate your habits, which means you may need to work harder to break the physical aspects of your addiction.
3. There Is a “Stop Smoking” Pressure Point. Chinese acupuncture uses a series of pressure points to help you balance the energy in your body so you can overcome your smoking addiction. In the world of acupuncture, the “Tim Mee” pressure point is the one directly associated with quitting smoking. This point is located above the wrist crease on the inside of the arm. When this pressure point is activated, it alters the taste of cigarettes, making them less appealing.
4. Home Pressure Points Can Help. In between your acupuncture treatments, you can use home methods of activating pressure points to battle your cravings. For instance, massaging your ears can release endorphins and chemicals that eliminate your discomfort.
5. Acupuncture Offers Faster Detox. Many smokers experience withdrawal symptoms during the detox period, which can quickly lead them to start smoking again. When you use acupuncture to stop smoking, your liver function will improve so your body gets rid of the toxins more quickly and you feel relief from your symptoms.
Quitting smoking may be one of the most difficult things you ever do, but Chinese acupuncture can offer the ease you are looking for. Using acupuncture to quit smoking can help eliminate cravings and withdrawal symptoms, as well as provide a faster way to detox your body.
If you are serious about quitting smoking, contact us. We are ready to help you along your journey to better health.