A centuries old staple in Eastern countries, acupuncture has slowly and steadily gained a following in the West in recent decades. Why? People who try it, perhaps with a healthy dose of skepticism, discover it actually works to relieve pain and a host of medical conditions. One category of people who are increasingly turning to acupuncture is athletes.
These Pros Swear by Acupuncture
We could talk indefinitely about the many benefits of acupuncture. Don’t take our word for it, though. These seven professional athletes have publicly proclaimed acupuncture has been integral to their health and fitness regimens.
- Olympic swimming star Dan Kowalski is so devoted to acupuncture, he made a video explaining how it has helped him heal from a shoulder injury, ward off colds and flu and improve his sleep.
- When Aaron Rodgers, quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, injured his calf, acupuncture was part of his treatment regimen.
- Tour de France winner Vincenzo Nibali received acupuncture twice a day during the three-week race.
- Houston Rockets basketball star Chandler Parsons relies on acupuncture pain management to relieve chronic back pain.
- Back in 2009, A.J. Burnett, who now pitches for the Pittsburgh Pirates, had an acupuncture clause added to his contract with the New York Yankees.
- Olympic track and field gold medalist DeeDee Trotter found acupuncture so helpful for a number of muscular problems, she brought her acupuncturist with her to the 2012 London Olympics, where she medaled in the 400-meter dash.
- NBA superstar Kobe Bryant has been relying on acupuncture for years.
Acupuncture Helps Injuries and General Well-Being
Unquestionably, acupuncture is an effective treatment for gaining relief from sprains, tears and spinal misalignments that result from pushing one’s body to the limit in competitive sports. It also helps ensure optimal balance in all of the body’s systems, which boosts immunity, reduces stress and anxiety, promotes restful sleep and actually lowers the odds of becoming injured in the first place.
You Don’t Have to Be a Pro Athlete to Benefit from Acupuncture
Whether you are an accomplished athlete who runs marathons or excels on the playing field or you’re just beginning a fitness regimen, contact us at Eastern Wellness Acupuncture. We are your skilled source for acupuncture for pain relief in Scarsdale and the surrounding areas. There’s no need to suffer through exercise-related pain and sore muscles. Regular acupuncture treatment in Scarsdale will make your fitness regimen much more enjoyable!