Chinese acupuncture has been around for thousands of years and is known to improve a number of medical conditions. In an acupuncture treatment, thin needles are inserted into the patient’s body. Some people say the process of inserting needles may be a little uncomfortable. However, the overall treatment is generally painless and the results are worth coping with the minor discomfort. The needles remain in your body anywhere from a few minutes to about 30 minutes. The total number of treatments required varies on a case by case basis.
At Eastern Wellness, any one of our experienced acupuncturists will be able to give you a general idea of how frequent your appointments should be. They will help you put together a custom plan that will best suit your needs.
What Should I Do After My Acupuncture Treatment?
Acupuncture relaxes your body and helps speed up recovery. After your treatment is complete, it is beneficial to take things easy and enjoy yourself. Here are a few things you should do after your acupuncture treatment:
- Get plenty of rest. Acupuncture causes reactions in your body it is not used to. You don’t necessarily have to take a long nap, although this can help. Don’t participate in any heavy physical or mental activity. Just relax and lay low for a few days.
- If you like to work out and go to the gym, only indulge in light exercise. This can prove to be beneficial. You may also go for a walk or try doing some yoga.
- If you experience light pain after your acupuncture session, use heat. With acupuncture, stagnation is what causes pain. Choose heat over ice to help soothe the pain.
- It is important to stay hydrated. Drink lots of water and avoid coffee and alcoholic beverages.
- Switch off the TV. Acupuncture helps you relax. To keep the relaxing benefits going, you should not watch any television because the programming tends to be stimulating, which in turn is counterproductive to relaxation.
- Eat Healthy. Acupuncture will help flush out the toxins in your body. Don’t eat fast food, processed food and food rich in sugar to keep additional toxins from entering your body.
Eastern Wellness offers quality acupuncture treatments at extremely affordable prices. We use the Chinese acupuncture method to help you return to a healthier state. If you have any concerns, contact us to speak to an experienced acupuncturist.